This month marks 21 years since Cheryl, Kimberley, Nadine, Nicola and Sarah were voted the winners of Popstars: The Rivals and formed the all-conquering legendary pop band Girls Aloud.
To celebrate this milestone with all of their fans, Girls Aloud today announce that they will be coming together for a huge arena tour of the UK and Ireland in May and June of 2024.
The hugely anticipated shows will feature all of the band's historic pop hits including No.1 songs 'Sound Of The Underground', 'The Promise' and 'I'll Stand By You', alongside cast-iron classics such as 'Love Machine', ‘Call The Shots’, Biology', 'Something New' and 'The Show'.
Cheryl says: "We all started talking about the possibility of doing something to celebrate Girls Aloud’s 20-year anniversary a few years ago. The anniversary seemed like an obvious thing that we would celebrate. But when Sarah fell ill all priorities changed. She passed away a year before the anniversary and it just didn’t feel right, it felt too soon. But now, I think there is an energy that does makes it feel right. It’s the right time to celebrate Sarah, it’s the right time to celebrate the band and the right time to celebrate the fact we can still do this 21 years later. That’s a big honour in lots of ways.”
Nadine: "Girls Aloud are a band that made such a huge impact on people's lives. We grew up with the band, but so did so many other people. So for us not to do something again feels like such a shame and a waste. We want to have that moment with fans where we can all enjoy it together."
Kimberley: "Over the last year, we've felt this outpouring of love – obviously towards Sarah, but actually towards all of us as a group. And I guess it's ignited something in all of us again. It feels like something has changed and it does feel like the right time to celebrate Sarah and the 20-year anniversary that we didn't celebrate at the time."
Nicola: "I think what's really encouraging is that whenever people ask us about reuniting it's not, "Would you guys ever do it?" but "When are you guys gonna do it?" To know we still have that love from our fans and people who watched us grow up gives us the confidence to do the tour. It will be massive celebration of everything we've done up to this point. We want people to leave being like, "Wow, I've just had one of the best nights of my life."
Tickets will go on pre-sale on Wednesday 29th November at 9am, with the general on sale Friday 1st December at 9am.
Can I buy accessible tickets online?
All Accessible tickets for Girls Aloud will be sold online via our official Ticketing Partner, Ticketmaster.
To book accessibility tickets online:
- Please visit ao-arena.com and select the event you are purchasing for.
- Note that you will need to register with Ticketmaster's accessibility scheme to receive a free companion ticket.
- Please make sure you select the 'All Ticket Types' button and highlight Ambulant/Wheelchair space etc.
- Please note that the Accessible Symbol is used for a number of access requirements.
- Make sure that you read the description thoroughly to ensure you are booking the appropriate tickets.
- Note that ROW X is not suitable for wheelchair users as it has 10 steps to access the row.
- Essential Companion tickets are for accessible customers who require a companion to assist and accompany them during their visit.
- The position next to the accessible ticket should be chosen when booking (where this is an option) and all tickets must be purchased in one transaction.
- Free companion tickets cannot be added after the booking has been made.
- After making a booking - you will then be emailed with the instructions on how to register to the Ticketmaster Access Scheme.
- Please visit the Arena website for all on-sale times and dates.
- If you have access to a pre-sale, please follow the instructions included in the pre-sale email.
- For all other access requirements including sight and hearing-impaired requirements, bringing something else into the venue e.g., Assistance Dogs, Oxygen Cylinders, Ventilators etc., please contact the venue’s accessibility team on email@example.com
- Please do not email multiple times.
Can I purchase accessible tickets during the pre-sale?
Yes – if you have been given access to the pre-sale, you will be able to purchase accessible tickets still. Please ensure you follow the instructions sent to you.
If you are having difficulties accessing the pre-sale, please contact our team via firstname.lastname@example.org so they can offer assistance.